science expo

Bio-Plastics

For my project I am doing Bioplastics, Bioplastics is another kind of plastic that is healthier for our environment  and why is it? Well it is a biodegradable plastic. There are different ways you can make this amazing plastic. I have made three different types of bioplastics as you can see right here.  I made these three different types of bioplastics to experiment which type would be the most durable and the best plastic. People today are already making some of the stuff that we use today like plastic cups, silverware and other sorts of stuff out of bio plastics.  I think we could use bioplastics in our future for a healthier life.   

The way this helps is that it bio degrades as I have already said.  The reason why this is a big deal is that just normal plastic ends up in the ocean, lakes and bays wear sea creatures of course eat it and die.  So, a new solution we make all this plastic that gets dumped in our waters and kill creatures and change it to biodegradable plastic. This would make our earth a whole lot healthier and reduce the amount of pollution. The biggest challenge facing the bioplastic industry today is finding a bioplastic recipe that will decompose in lower temperatures, since many bodies of water do not reach high enough temperatures to facilitate the decomposition process.  I encourage you to pass this information on to others so our world can be healthier.

will this be a product used in our future?

how will they make it?

how would it efect our earth?