Bulimia

We have been doing the urinary system and we have done projects for this system.  For my project I have done a poster on bulimia which is a disease on your digestive system.  Bulimia is a disease that makes you barf up everything you eat.  Why you might ask.  Well the disease is more of an emotional or mental kind of disease.  Someone who would have it would look at there self and say man I need to be skinny or I can’t be fat so they barf up everything they eat.  Obusly this is bad.  This usually would happen to someone who is like a model because they care about how they look, its there job to be in shape so they would most likely be someone who would have this terrible disease. Bulimia will also not just make you barf the food you eat but over exercise, fasting diet and more.  Bulimia can kill you  in two ways or more.  You can die by not obtaining the nutrience from the food due to barfing your food up.  You can also die from acids in your stomach.  When you barf up food from your stomach and the food comes out of your esophagus which is your throat, not just food comes out but acids which are in your stomach to break down food that you eat.  When the acid come out of your esophagus it eats at your esophagus and makes wounds.  If you had bulimia and you don’t eat, the nutrience from the food can’t fight the bacteria in your wounds.  This is some or what bulimia is and if you want to know more, well…LOOK IT UP!

1 Thought.

1. Dear Michael,
    I like how you explained how Bulimia can contract in someone and how it can kill them in all these different ways. I also liked how you gave us examples on which people would most likely get it.
    Sincerely,
    Alex Stillwell